Total Pageviews

Friday 14 March 2008

Friday

Pleased to see Kelly's quick response to my suggestion of a competition! Over to you, Lucy!

Got a panic phone call from Dave W last night - he was setting up the equipment for tonight's headbang and his amp blew out! - could he borrow mine? Well, our house has an inbuilt BOSE sound system so all I could do was look for my old NAD amplifier. It was upstairs in Jo's office but I couldn't get any power to it - perhaps just a new fuse plug required. Anyway, Dave is now looking at it - let's keep our fingers crossed for tonight.

Whey, hey - finally finished my audio book of Bleak House this morning - over 35 hours of it! I enjoyed a lot of it but it's really hard to concentrate on all of it, particularly given the Dickensian language and huge cast of characters. I discovered a back-up on one of the digital TV channels, who were re-running a fairly recent TV adaptation of it - a stellar cast, including many of Britain's finest actors and comedians (even Johnny Vegas is in it!) - it's done in almost soap-ish fashion but it's certainly easier to follow than the book. I missed the first few episodes but I'm now watching the rest - hopefully all the way to the finish - it'll help me pick up some of the bits I missed when my attention wandered as I was driving around listening to the audiobook.

Now need to choose my book for this month - I'll be trawling the web site this weekend.

Carole's horse riding again tomorrow so Gary's planning to bring Luca through some time.

No comments:

Blog Archive