Total Pageviews

Sunday 18 November 2007

Active weekend

Friday night's football was good but, as I said before, it was tough on the old body - although I was up a few times in the night, unusally for me I managed to go back to bed and sleep a bit - didn't actually get up for good until 9:30 am - almost unheard of!

We had arranged squash doubles at 3:30 after which we intended to go to the golf club to watch the big match, but I couldn't find my racquets and we started and finished later than planned. The club was mobbed and I made a quick body swerve and headed home for a shower and my own TV, joined by limp-along Colin, who still had his space boot on to protect his Achilles.

The match was a heart-breaker with Italy scoring in the 1st minute, which galvanised Scotland and got them back in to the match. Scotland equalised and could, and probably should have gone in front in a pulsating second half, but Italy stole the match in the 2nd minute of extra time to eliminate Scotland from next year's Euro Championships in Austria and Switzerland. Ah well - at least we don't have to try and organise tickets and a trip there next June!

The Kilgours and Stewarts went to the Douglas for a bar supper, which was very nice - much better than previous occasions there.

Sunday was golf in the morning - a little damp, but not too bad - played OK again, but Jas deservedly won the money this week. Back home for lunch and then out for more squash doubles at 4:00 pm, after which Malcolm, Harry and I had a chat about where we might stay in Cape Town next year. Need to make decisions soon, although at least the flights are now booked.

Jo made a lovely braising steak for tea and we had Christmas pud and custard to follow. Very nice, but I've now left the table with Jo and Ross in full flow on politics and religion, prompted by a programme on TV about Palestine etc.

No comments:

Blog Archive