Total Pageviews

Saturday 31 March 2007

Friday 30 March 07

Another lovely day meant I couldn't resist leaving the office early and heading for the golf course again. Syd and Dick joined me and we played 16 holes and came off at the Doo'cot.

It was Jo's last day at school before the Easter holiday break and, when I went home, she was on the phone to Lucy. Figuring it was going to last for a while, I went to the kitchen and had a look at what we could have to accompany the Lemon Sole I had brought home. There was little of substance so I just had to conjure something up - olive oil, diced red pepper, a little mild chilli powder and a splash of red wine. It seemed to go down OK and the red wine that Ross had bought from his work was pretty good.

The Friday night football crowd were meeting in the Legion and I walked up there rather briskly, thinking I was late, but it turned out I was first there. Colin, Dave and John McWhinnie eventually joined me and we had some Landlord, London Pride and, eventually, Everard's Original. Dave regaled us with tales of his holiday in Brazil - part of Jayne's 50th - and we started to plan for next Friday's Quiz Night in the golf club.

It's now Saturday morning and it looks like being another cracking day - sunshine and blue skies. It's the official season opener at noon with the annual Captain's v. Vice Captain's match. Jo is going over to Portlethen to see Gary, Carole and Luca and we'll meet up again at 5 to head down to Ballater, where we're staying at the Green Inn tonight - a gourmet delight (we hope!).

No comments:

Blog Archive