Total Pageviews

Saturday 14 March 2020

Half way

That's us 3 weeks in to the holiday now. Next week is supposed to be our trip to Bali but the corona virus issues are causing some consternation - especially with Kelly and Chris. The implications of Government travel bans and quarantines are much more complicated for them than for Jo and I - although we - especially me - are the ones in the most vulnerable group.

It's obviously going to be a (very) late decision as to who catches the flight on Monday morning. At the time of writing, it looks like Chris will be staying at home, but watch this space in case of any late developments.

Anyway, here goes with another daily holiday diary:

SUNDAY 8th MARCH

We'd had my birthday party on Friday but today it was Amanda's slightly belated party, held at Hallett Cove:

Teacher lectures her class



MONDAY 9th MARCH

Public holiday in Adelaide - it's the Adelaide Cup, a big horse race apparently. None of us were interested in that but it did have the effect of making Monday a busier day than normal at the Fringe - Mondays are usually days of rest for those involved, but pretty much everything was open, so Chris drove us all - bar Kelly, who took the chance to stay home and paint the boys' bedroom - in to the city. The boys had a good time:

On the big wheel - Asher looks away any time you point the camera at him

Miller's not camera shy

Another of Asher looking away


A quiet beer and attempted selfie for Jo and I

TUESDAY 10th MARCH

I decided it was about time I tried a game of golf again, so, after doing our usual routine of taking Miller to school and Asher to "Kindy", Jo and I headed to Willunga. It was to be in the '30's today so I hired a buggy and Jo rode along, alternately reading her book and taking photographs. The outstanding feature of the day was the constant cacaphony made by the cockatoos squawking away, but it was a very pleasant round - and very quick too, despite the amount of time I spent in the trees.

Here we are just leaving the golf club:



WEDNESDAY 11th MARCH

Kelly's day off and Miller was reprieved school today as well. Kelly took the boys with her to the gym so Jo and I decided to go for a short walk along the river and round the village, finishing off at the local coffee shop:


We see these pelicans every day but they're usually in the water - this was the first time we'd seen these huge birds up on a branch
In the afternoon, I took the train in to Adelaide as I'd arrange to meet Chris and some friends for pizza before heading off to the cinema to watch a film about Banksy and his rise to fame in the art world. I went in a bit earlier and wandered around a bit, starting with the Torrens riverbank. It was another hot one so I lay in the shade of a tree for a while and nodded off. Once I woke up, I headed in to the lovely new James Squire brewhouse that has a magnificent spot overlooking the river, the pedestrian bridge and the Oval stadium. I did have a paddle, but it wasn't in the river.

THURSDAY 12th MARCH

Chores completed, Jo and I decided to take a walk up to Victor's Place for lunch - and it was lovely. We only had the light menu but it was delightful - and the beers were good too. We had a tasting first and then selected what we would drink with our lunch. One of Jo's favourites was the Berliner Weisse with a drop or two of sour cherry syrup:



FRIDAY 13th MARCH

Chris' day off. I went for another short bike ride on the local river trails:


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such a shame about Bali.I would love to go there.Probably for the best though.The boys look as if they are enjoying their replacement holiday xxx

Blog Archive