Total Pageviews

Monday 1 July 2019

Was that summer?

Finally we had a few hot, proper summery days but it seems to have taken a bit of a backward step today (Monday). It's cloudy and considerably cooler - and we've lost our water supply. Apparently it's a Scottish Water problem that they're working on.

I popped in to see our neighbours in the Unit Gym this morning - ostensibly to check that the water supply wasn't just our problem, but I also took the opportunity to ask them about the seagulls problem - and I took a sneaky look around just to be sure they weren't leaving food lying around. It seems everyone is baffled as to why the seagulls have arrived here - and have nested.

My big news from last week is that I finally took the plunge and went in to Evans Cycles in Aberdeen and ordered an e-bike. I'd always promised myself one once I got to 70 and I've done it now. I hope I'll keep on using my "analogue" bike on occasions but I notice all of my friends who've got an e-bike have never gone back to their conventional one. Time will tell whether I'll repeat this pattern.

I pick up the bike on Wednesday morning - here's what it looks like:


After our largely sedentary round the world trip, I've been getting a bit more active now:


Jo checks her fitbit stats regularly and shows them off to me - but there's no way she is sharing any of that information with the rest of the world. What she has been doing is transforming our rather "industrial" back garden to something altogether more green and flowery:


When Jo was doing the monthly Seniors lunch at church on Saturday, I took the opportunity to have my lunch outside - but I didn't quite get the camera angle right, did I?:


Tonight it's our annual trip to Balmoral for golf with our old squash pal Gary Coutts who is now the Head Keeper on the Royal estate. Might be a slow morning tomorrow.

No comments:

Blog Archive