Total Pageviews

Friday 21 December 2018

Winter Solstice

We're at the deepest darkest hour, daylight-wise, today. In theory, from tomorrow, the days get a bit longer and the nights a bit shorter - although it's hardly noticeable until about March, it seems. Today would also have been my Dad's 98th birthday.

I wasn't feeling too good yesterday but Jo and I went in to Aberdeen early morning to do some shopping and we got things done pretty quickly - we were home by lunchtime. While I went for a bit of a rest, Jo started on the Xmas decorations, including the tree:


It's drying out now after 4 nights on our balcony and it'll be moved in to its proper position later on and the lights will then be powered up.

I even pulled out of our show on River Dee Radio last night, but I feel a bit better today so I'm planning a short cycle this afternoon after Jo's gone to her swimming. Right now (Friday morning), I'm uploading last night's show in podcast form to the various platforms I use - Mixcloud, Soundcloud, Spreaker, Stitcher, i-Tunes etc.

Tonight, we're off to Keith and Annette Gray's for dinner with Archie & Eileen Cook, so it could be a slower start tomorrow morning, although we'll have to keep popping back and forward to Tesco over the weekend to keep topping up the fresh, in-date food.

Our en suite is my next destination- that's where the beer is brewing and also where I'm working on the wood surrounds and the grouting. Happy days.

No comments:

Blog Archive