Total Pageviews

Friday 16 March 2018

Home again

It's Friday afternoon and it's freezing back here in Scotland. It's not quite another Beast from the East, but it's cold and windy with occasional wintry showers. Quite a change.

The journey went as well as can be expected. We're both suffering a little in terms of irregular and deprived sleep - much more so than we did on the way out to Australia - but we're getting there.

The long flight to Dubai was in a very new 777. We even had our own little mini bars behind a glass door:


The chauffeur drive back to Banchory from Glasgow went smoothly enough. The aftermath of the recent bad weather was pretty evident in places:


Banchory was completely clear however and our house was warm - courtesy of Ross' recent stay there - and Hive.

I decided to try and adjust to UK time as soon as possible and the fact that I had a River Dee Radio show to do that evening was incentive enough. On Thursday morning I took a walk up to Banchory Car Centre to pick up my new(ish) car:


It's a well-spec'd Volvo XC60. Yes, after years of complaining about the increasing numbers of bulky SUV's etc, which smaller cars can't see past, I've decided I can't beat them, so better just to join them.

Today (Friday), we drove in to WeBuyAnyCar.com in Aberdeen and sold my BMW, which was my company car from eight and a half years ago.

That's about it for now.

No comments:

Blog Archive