Total Pageviews

Tuesday 21 November 2017

Weather woes

It's been pretty bleak these last few days - typical late November weather, I guess. We shouldn't be surprised, but that doesn't stop us feeling a bit down - trapped in the house and with ever-diminishing daylight.

I had to do something. The forecast was for more rain, but there might be a small window of opportunity for a short cycle if I got my skates on first thing this morning - and I did. I managed most of the trip with little or no precipitation, but it got progressively wetter as I neared home. The underfoot conditions were pretty damp - the Deeside Way was littered with puddles and I arrived home splattered with mud from head to toe:



The photo doesn't quite do justice to how muddy I was, but my top, shorts and leggings are back in the wash now.

I've completed all my CAMRA work for the time being - at least that was something for me to do when it was dreich outside. I also took the opportunity to book some more of our domestic flights in USA next year - to Medford from Denver and return. Still got to book flights out to Hawaii but I'll leave that for another day.

Got some forward planning to do for our River Dee Radio programmes and also our next Headbang, which is only just over 3 weeks away now. We're heading down to Edinburgh again 10-12 December and we've got a timeshare booking at Loch Rannoch mid-January so that'll keep us busy until we leave for Australia on 1st February.

No comments:

Blog Archive