Total Pageviews

Monday 24 July 2017

Sick week

Well, it's been a week since we travelled from the South East to the North West of USA and there's not much to report as we've both been a bit poorly, suffering from some kind of respiratory illness. Lucy was Googling it last night and reckons it's the spores that fly around in hot, humid climates like we were travelling in. Apparently it's quite a common thing.

Jo didn't move from her bed for the first 3 days. In fact, Cade didn't even see her until a brief glimpse on Wednesday evening. I thought I'd escaped it - after all, I'd been a bit sick in Savannah, so I thought it had now passed - but it came back to bite me again. Before it did its worst, I thought I needed to stretch my legs a little so I went for a short ride on the bike on Thursday. Perhaps, on reflection, I shouldn't have pushed it as I think this set me back again.

We've both been dosing up on various medications to alleviate the symptoms, the worst of which was the all-night coughing. Thankfully, we're now getting some sleep, so that's a relief.

Yesterday (Sunday), Jo and I went for a short midday walk down to the river and back, but I was pretty knackered after it. On Saturday, Jo and Lucy travelled to a Lavender farm for a class on how to make lavender wreaths. Everyone else was away, but I did nothing - just stayed at base camp, slept and read.

Today is Monday and the plan is to travel to Medford - Barnes & Noble's book store, lunch at Kaleidoscope plus some camera shopping - Jo's has bust too, so all we have is our phones.

To close a couple of photos:

The feature here is my Father's Day gift - the leather growler holder that fits on the bike

In practice for the next season, Scott has been heard blowing this - his Elk caller

No comments:

Blog Archive