Total Pageviews

Wednesday 14 June 2017

Midweek update

Well, I'm home safely from my 3 days of golf at Dalmahoy and, although a little tired, I'm very pleased to say that, despite my prior fears, my knee is not feeling too bad. In fact, I'm going to play again this afternoon. I've also got golf on Friday at Blairgowrie and I'm hoping for another game on Monday with brother-in-law Brian as we're heading over to Elderslie and Houston after spending Sunday night at Barry and Helen's - we've got the big family dinner on Sunday at the Three Craws again.

June is always the busiest month for golf - and I missed it last year as we went to USA a bit earlier than usual - and it's a question of cramming them in before we go away on the 29th - just over 2 weeks now. Next week, as well as golf with Brian on Monday, I've got golf at Edzell on Tuesday, hopefully Banchory on Wednesday and then our annual trip to Balmoral on Thursday evening.

With all this golf, there's no room for cycling, particularly when I'm also trying to keep up a regular series of hill-walks. We did Glen Dye last Friday (check http://bvhill-walkers.blogspot.co.uk/ for photos) and are planning another one next Friday (23rd).

Anyway, that was quite a shock when we heard about Scott's dirt bike accident. He seems to be making a habit of going to hospital at this time of year. We all wish him a speedy recovery - not least because we need our BBQ king back in action for our arrival in Oregon on 17th July!!!!

We're having fun and games with our holiday plans. We received an email from Marriott yesterday confirming the cancellation of our 5 night stay on Hilton Head Island - what???? Must be some gremlin in the system as I certainly didn't cancel it. As we speak, Marriott are trying to sort it out - fingers crossed. As if that wasn't enough, United are mucking about our schedule again - we got notification this morning that our journey from Memphis to Medford will now be a 3 leg affair, rather than just 2 - going through Chicago now as well as Denver. Grrr.

What else is on the horizon? Another live broadcast on River Dee Radio tomorrow night, and then a CAMRA branch meeting in Stonehaven on Saturday.

This morning, Jo's got her first physio appointment - hope she can get some help from this.

To close, here's a photo of the old house at Dalmahoy, where I stayed this last weekend. It's just a mile or two from our old home in Balerno and it's where I used to play squash regularly with my American work colleagues back in the early 80's:


The journey down there means crossing the Forth Road Bridge and you get close-up views of the magnificent new bridge which is rapidly nearing completion. It's going to be quite a tourist hot-spot as people come to admire the spectacle of the three bridges (including the rail bridge) side by side.

No comments:

Blog Archive