Total Pageviews

Friday 20 January 2017

Past half way

Yes - we're already past the halfway point of our holiday, so I thought it was time I notated what we've done since we came back from our Uluru/Alice trip last weekend.

On Sunday, it was Family Day as part of the launch of the Tour Down Under and we all travelled in to the city to have a look around. We started in the square:


Then we moved over to one of the parks, seeking the bouncy castle for Miller:


We got free ice lollies and Miller almost posed for his photo with the BUPA (one of the sponsors) Owl:

Asher has grown so much since we arrived - and his second tooth on the top has fully come through now - looks like he's going to be a gap tooth baby:


That was Sunday - but what happened Monday and Tuesday? I can't remember all the details - my camera has finally given up the ghost and I always used it to record what we were up to so that I didn't forget. I've still got my phone, however and I'll persevere with that for now.

On Monday, I went in to the city with Chris first thing in the morning. The plan was for me to cycle back from there along the River Torrens cycle path, but I ran in to some initial technical difficulties with re-fitting the wheels - the brakes were a particular problem. It took me ages to get it sorted, but then I noticed that the back brakes were binding so I inverted the bike and was trying to figure out how to sort this when a white knight pulled up beside me. Would you believe he was a jack of all trades, including, fortunately, mobile bike repairs! He got me going again in no time. A$20 well spent.

We walked along to the local short golf course on Tuesday and I managed to play 18 holes round what is just a pitch and putt course, but the good news is my left knee didn't let me down. It was very hot - 38C before lunchtime and heading for 40+ in the afternoon. Pity the poor riders in the Tour Down Under, who were starting the race today.

On Wednesday, Kelly wasn't feeling too well and took the day off work, which allowed us to take her car in to the city to see the matinee performance of Dusty, the Musical:


On Thursday, we stayed local. We had coffee and a cake on the upper patio at the Palais, then walked along the pier, followed by a stroll round the shops in Semaphore Road. I bought a cheap t-shirt and a CD - Dusty in Memphis. Our plan was to go to the cinema but we needed some refreshment first - it was very hot again. We had a couple of beers in Sweet Amber Brew then popped in to the cinema, but I didn't realise they don't have half an hour of trailers beforehand here and we had already missed the start of the film, so we just did the food shopping and headed back to Derby St.

We had a storm last night - thunder, lightning and rain, but it seemed to stop in the middle of the night. This morning (Friday) it was a cool and cloudy start, but I needed to get out on the bike again. It was pretty windy so I made it a short one. I'm now home alone as Chris, who's off today, took Jo and the boys down to the new Day Care that Miller and Asher will be going to at the end of the month. Apart from blogging, I may use some of the spare time to start putting together my next show for River Dee Radio - Aussie Rock is going to be the theme.

No comments:

Blog Archive