Total Pageviews

Thursday 5 January 2017

More cycling

After my unfortunate experience with Chris the other day, I went out with Kelly for a longer, but easier, ride and I was out again on Thursday morning in the heat for a short ride - didn't last long as we're heading towards the 40 C mark. It's got a lot hotter since the Lesinas left last weekend.

Jo and I looked after the boys on Wednesday whilst Chris and Kelly went on a "date" - lunch and cinema. Our reward was a couple of pints with Chris in the evening at Sweet Amber Brew Cafe:


Nice place - look forward to returning there for Chris' 40th in a couple of weeks.

Our second reward came on Thursday lunchtime when Kelly took us back to Penfold's Magill Estate for lunch. We did a tour of Penfold's original premises, opened 170 years ago:


It's now Friday morning and Kelly's done her early morning gym session and now Chris is out on his bike at the BMX track, which I had a look at yesterday:


Not ready for that yet!

That's about it so far. Today Miller is heading for the water slides and we're being dropped off at the Wheatsheaf Hotel to drink ourselves silly. Tomorrow (Saturday) we're heading south to meet up with Chris' parents David and Lorene.

I was asked what's happening to River Dee Radio in my absence? I won't be missed - there's plenty of other presenters and a couple of the other Headbangers are doing occasional live shows, but I thought I'd make sure there was some fresh content on our nightly cycle so made up two shows before I left and these are now being transmitted on Saturday and Sunday nights between 8 pm and 9 pm, but you don't need to wait until then to hear them - just click these links:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/519b8kyt69iedf8/Favs%2020-11.mp3?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gsa21affbghbw8f/Favs%2010-1.mp3?dl=0

A few years ago, each of us compiled our favourite tracks so I decided to reprise these. I'm not sure they would all still feature in my current Top 20, but decided to go with it anyway. I had to divide it in to two shows, which meant, as there are only 10 tracks on each, there was a lot of non-music time to fill, so there's more waffle than usual from me on these recordings.

Lastly, here's the Strava video of my cycling stats for 2016:

https://youtu.be/-w8tH_iMgKw

No comments:

Blog Archive