Total Pageviews

Friday 25 November 2016

Freezing Friday

It's been a great week of bright, sunny and still weather - but freezing. Minus 6C when we woke this morning. Bit tricky cycling, but I've managed a couple of short rides, the latest of which was this afternoon, out delivering CAMRA's quarterly newsletter to the local outlets.

Our new settee arrived yesterday:


Jo much prefers it to the old one, which is now with Ross and Lizzie in Edinburgh.

Dawn's coming up on Sunday and staying for a night or two. She's got a job to do in Aberdeen on Monday afternoon.

Headbangers show 2 is now on River Dee Radio between 7 pm and 8 pm nightly - http://tunein.com/radio/River-Dee-Radio-s274232/. Show 3 is being worked on - hopefully finish it tomorrow afternoon.

The GP had a good look at my left knee on Tuesday. I told her about the problems I was having with it and the fact that the surgeon had told me when I got my right knee replaced that my left knee would eventually need done too - but it didn't feel the same as the right one did prior to the operation. She therefore suggested a period of physiotherapy initially and, if that doesn't work, then it would be the orthopaedic surgeon.

I've finally booked our road trip to USA next year - and it's quite an odyssey:

I'd always talked about doing a bit of a musical/blues heritage tour - my initial grand plan many years ago was to pick up a Winnebago and drive to all the musical hot-spots, including Nashville, Memphis and Clarksdale, but also New Orleans and Chicago - and possibly Austin as well. In the cold light of day, the logistics of that are pretty horrendous - and the Winnebago idea only works if you can find suitable places to camp/park - and it appears that most of these are well out of town, so I've opted for city centre hotels instead and restricted the itinerary to a more manageable level.

As I've said before, there's no point in us waiting much more at our time of life to do the things we want to do - do them now, while we're still spared!

No comments:

Blog Archive