Total Pageviews

Friday 4 November 2016

Eve of golf trip

It's Friday morning and I'm almost packed and ready for my early morning departure tomorrow to Edinburgh to catch the flight to Tenerife for a week's golf. I had planned to go for an afternoon cycle today whilst Jo was at her swimming - yes, she seems well again - but a bit of a spanner was thrown in to the works yesterday when we discovered that our hot water storage tank is leaking and we're now sitting here waiting for the Gas Engineer to come. We have been given an 8 am to 6 pm slot, but they never seem to arrive at the earlier end of this spectrum, so I suspect I'll have to cancel my plans for a cycle and wait in for him this afternoon. Ho hum.

We're wondering whether this leak has anything to do with the fact that we're not all that impressed with how our central heating system is working after installation of the new boiler - or perhaps we haven't quite figured out how best to run it yet?

Other matters on the go include further research in to what we can do with our Florida timeshare - there's loads of companies out there in the market, but we want to avoid the snake oil salesmen if we can.

I've started to look at possible holiday opportunities in USA next summer as well - as usual, dependent on what's available with Avios and Marriott.

Nowt much else to say today, but I thought I'd better add a photo to brighten up my blog a little - this one is a shot of the Brentwood B & B we stayed in last weekend in York:


That's our bedroom window top right - slightly ajar.

No comments:

Blog Archive