Total Pageviews

Tuesday 1 December 2015

Winter

(Best viewed on the web at http://ianrstewart.blogspot.co.uk/)

Winter is officially here, so we are told by the various media. It certainly seems like it - there is still some snow and ice on the ground - it was too cold for it to melt overnight. We've also had the first official notification that the snowgates are closed on the Banchory - Fettercairn Cairn o' Mount road. See the webcam here - http://www.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/local/webcams/cairnomount/

The weather has kept me housebound - no chance of any cycling and not even conducive to going for a good walk. I've still got the Deeside pub surveys to do - I suppose I could start with the Banchory ones, but I haven't found the enthusiasm yet. Perhaps after another day or two stuck in the house I might make a start. We've got a CAMRA Committee meeting tomorrow night - at least that'll get me out and about. I never thought I'd be looking forward to that!

I mustn't grumble really - it could be a lot worse - I could be having to drive to Fraserburgh for work. I certainly don't miss that long drive in these icy conditions.

I guess I could start with the Xmas cards - that would be a worthwhile job. Maybe tomorrow.

So, is it "Arise Sir Andy" then after the Davis Cup triumph on Sunday? Even our First Minister suggested re-naming our country's patron saint day yesterday St. Andy's Day. Will he win the BBC's Sports Personality of the Year? It's only 2 years since he won it so that may count against him. I don't think anyone's won it twice. Only 5 Scots have won it in the 61 years it has been going - Ian Black, Jackie Stewart, Liz McColgan, Chris Hoy & Andy Murray. Two of those were knighted - Jackie Stewart & Chris Hoy - let's see if Andy gets the same treatment. I'm not sure if some of the Home Counties diehards have forgiven him for his flippant remark a few years ago when he was asked who he hoped would win the World Cup and he replied ABE - anyone but England!

We've got our Australian Visas now - and it's only just over 6 weeks until we head off.

I've finally finished the last chapter of Renshaw's Chronicles (http://renshawschronicles.blogspot.co.uk/) - it's been a while, but I got there in the end.

No comments:

Blog Archive