Total Pageviews

Sunday 25 October 2015

Back home again

The journey back from my golf holiday - the second of my 2 weeks on Costa del Sol - went smoothly enough and I got home about 3 pm - just in time to join Jo in a short walk round Burnett Park. She had agreed to take Trish next door's dog, Barley, out whilst she was at a wedding reception.

Of course, the clocks went back - twice for me - yesterday. They say the change back to GMT gives us an extra hour in bed. What they mean is that it gives us a chance of an extra hour in bed - there's only so long you can lie there anyway before nature insists you get up.

It was nice to sleep in my own bed again last night - not that there was anything wrong with the beds at the Marriott resort or the Hotel Andalucia, although I do find that the pillows are always too soft.

The first thing I noticed when I got home was how many fallen leaves there were. It's definitely Autumn now. Glorious colours - who needs New England in the Fall - Deeside is lovely:


So this week I have to get my car looked at. It went wonky the morning we drove to the airport. Ross now thinks it might be the suspension and not just a software fault. I haven't driven it yet, so I'm not sure how safe it is.

We've also got Scottish Gas coming tomorrow morning to get another quote for a new boiler. Wish us well. I hope to get out for a cycle after that - I need the exercise.

No comments:

Blog Archive