Total Pageviews

Friday 24 July 2015

Thursday action

Cade's football training was so short yesterday (Thursday) that I barely had time to get back to Delsie Drive before he texted to say that it was over. Just as well I hadn't gone for a cycle.

As usual, we popped in to Haggen's after training to buy Lunchables for Cade and Braeden. The Fedex delivery duly arrived so we hot-footed the latest insurance check over to Scott at the hospital. Fingers crossed all's well this time.

Next stop was Fish Hatchery Park's Nature Trail - a fairly short loop of about 3 kms during which we picked some berries. Cade ran part of the trail to make up for the lack of exercise at training earlier on. Jo acquired a new walking stick which she clung to as she threw stones in to Applegate River:


We moved on to Applegate River Golf Club where we hit some balls on the range and bought some drinks. The boys turned down the offer of Polish Dogs for lunch - instead we stopped at a little Thai drive-through hut for Thai Teas and Pot Stickers.

Scott must have been happy that he finally got his insurance check sorted out - he stopped off at Cartwright's on the way home from work and picked up three dozen huge oysters for the BBQ:


- and that was only starters! Mountainous steaks followed. What a feast.

I finished the book Gary left with me, so that's 5 down now:


Perhaps not as many as I thought I might read on an extended holiday. Still, I was tempted when we were bookstore browsing in Ashland last week on the very day Harper Lee's latest novel - her first for 50 years - was released, to buy it. The shop owner said the book was flying off the shelves, so I took the bait - not only for the new release, but I thought I should catch up with the original To Kill a Mockingbird, which, although I know the famous film, I've never read the book:


So that's my next two reads sorted, but I've still got the following after that - if I can get them in my suitcase, that is:


Friday today - feeling tired. Lucy's out for a run with the dogs and I thought I was due a cycle, so I got ready but then just sat down again and did this blog instead. Going to be a lazy one, I think.

No comments:

Blog Archive