Total Pageviews

Sunday 22 March 2015

When she's 64 - and beyond

Friday was hectic all right - Jo was at the West Church Coffee Morning then swimming in the afternoon before her birthday tea. I was out buying flowers in the morning and then played a few holes of golf before taking Johanne in to see Colin in the afternoon - he might be getting out today.

My camera failed at the crucial moment when the cake was lit and happy birthday was sung - the memory card was in my computer - but I got it working again by the time the chocolates were passed around - check this short video on my You Tube channel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd2ar0nzwNM

Luca had had a good week at school and had been given an award - check out the sticker:


With Mothers' Day and a birthday within a few days, the front room is full of flowers:




Yesterday (Saturday) was a lovely day so we went for a walk along the Dee to the other end of town. My knee was troubling me - could it have been the golf yesterday? - so we stopped on the river bank for a while, watching the multitude of Oyster Catchers on the bank opposite:


I've never seen so many of them together - what were they up to?

Back up the river a fisherman was casting for salmon, with the bumpy knoll of Clach na Beinne as a backdrop:


We eventually made it to Buchanan's and sat outside for our coffee and cake:


Soon it was time to walk home:


It was a struggle for me to limp home - my knee was very painful. I've had to cancel golf this morning (Sunday) and am sitting here with an ice pack on again.

I did manage to get yet another episode of my Chronicles done yesterday, so that's me up to the year 2000 now, leaving only another 7 years between that and the start of this Family Blog in 2007 - the end is in sight! Check http://renshawschronicles.blogspot.co.uk/

Tomorrow, I have the dentist in the morning and hope to cycle in the afternoon - if my knee's OK - it's less strain than walking or golfing. Ross has taken the day off work tomorrow because the house in Bridge St that he's interested in has suddenly had a closing date of Tuesday noon put on it. The main question mark is the adjacent land, which is, or was, apparently up for sale - we're waiting for more information on this.

I go back to Albyn on Thursday for my follow-up visit with my knee surgeon and we will probably go in to the Apple store to get me a new phone - all my old company contracts etc come to an end this week. Need to get my winter tyres removed as well.

No comments:

Blog Archive