Total Pageviews

Wednesday 4 March 2015

Wednesday - stitches out

Two days ago, exactly one week after my knee op, I finally got to take off the Tubigrip from that leg. I've still got the compression stocking on the other leg - that has to remain there until I see the surgeon again at the end of the month - but today, I'm heading to the nurse to get the stitches out.

Progress has been made - it's still a bit stiff and sore, but it's a lot better than when I last posted to this blog. I've stopped the Ibuprofen as well - or rather, I've finished our stock. After a short session on the exercise bike, I thought I would try the real thing on Monday. I had to drop off some CAMRA stuff at the pubs and the bike seemed like a good way to do this. Plenty of stops of course, so it wasn't too difficult, but I managed about 18 kms after looping round Crathes Castle.

On Saturday, I took the bus in to Aberdeen to attend the CAMRA meeting, and, on Sunday, Gary and Luca popped in after Luca's football at Laurencekirk. Luca was in the bad books for not trying hard enough at the football.

Yesterday (Tuesday) we were back to the old routine, picking Luca up from school - for the first time this year. He always seems pleased to see us, smiling and running over with big hugs. Grannie first of all, of course, but he makes sure I get one as well. He was carrying an oversize bag:


When we got back to his house, he showed me the Inverurie family spider:


Not exactly a Huntsman, is it?

Gary came in, hot and sweaty, after he'd been to the gym:


The full beard is staying on until he completes his latest challenge - an ultra marathon. Jo wants him to reverse the upside-down look and shave the beard and grow the hair back on his head.

The more observant will have noticed that I've finally got round to doing another episode of Renshaw's Chronicleshttp://renshawschronicles.blogspot.co.uk/

No comments:

Blog Archive