Total Pageviews

Tuesday 10 March 2015

First part of the week

Yesterday (Monday) started bright but soon went downhill - there were even a couple of minor snow/sleet flurries late morning - enough to put me off going out for a cycle.

I think both Jo and I were a bit down yesterday - perhaps a little tired, and certainly a bit stir-crazy by the end of the day, but maybe that train journey on Sunday had some effect - did we pick up a little bug or something? Anyway, I took the bus down to Aboyne at 6 pm to join the squash guys for a beer - that helped a little.

Jo was in full genealogy mode yesterday, armed with the fresh information she garnered on Sunday. Some light has now been shed on my Grannie Barr's (my Mum's Mum) impoverished family background.

D & D Slating came back yesterday and erected the scaffolding to do our roof repairs:


When they were up on the roof, they discovered that one of our chimney pots was dangerously loose - as was Irene's next door - so they're replacing that tomorrow morning when they finish off.

It was a little weird to wake up to this sight from our bedroom window this morning:


Today (Tuesday) is Inverurie/Luca day but, with the workmen still here this afternoon, I had to stay behind and Jo went over on her own. I did get out for a short cycle with Keith this morning, however.

My knee is definitely getting better and I now feel confident enough to have booked a short golf break at the end of the month - just after I have my follow-up visit with the consultant.

No comments:

Blog Archive