Total Pageviews

Thursday 5 February 2015

Thursday so far

It's been a day of things going wrong so far. I decided I should get up and go for a cycle before breakfast so I headed up to Port Adelaide to go round their new Loop Route, only to discover part of it was closed as they were putting up a bandstand for a gig.

I had forgotten to take water with me - and also put on sun cream - but the biggest error was not taking the bicycle pump with me. Yes, you've guessed it - I got a puncture - a slow one, which meant walking the last mile or so home.

Then, when I did eventually get back, I had forgotten - as everyone else had - that we had received a notice earlier this week that the power was going off from 9 am to 3 pm - so no cup of tea for me when I got back. Worse still, Chris and Jo had arranged for us to have corned beef again for dinner tonight, done in the slow cooker - now it has to be the slightly faster cooker!

Jo and I drove to nearby Grange and had tea/coffee and fancies - Jo's was outrageous and even she couldn't finish it. We sat on the beach for a while and I took a tentative dip in the sea. Tentative, not because it was cold or anything, but I was the only one in the sea - nobody else had ventured in, and when I saw a small spotter plane going up and down the beach several times, there was only thought in my head - duh, duh, duh, duh - you know the tune.

The water was very shallow - I went beyond the end of the pier and it was still only up to my shorts. Nothing that could harm me would come in to water this shallow surely? Then again, how long would it take me to get back to the safety of the beach? Calculate, calculate.

Anyway, we're back in Derby St. now and, as you can see, we have power again. To close this post, here's one I took on my cycle this morning - more on my Cycling blog and FB:


No comments:

Blog Archive