Total Pageviews

Tuesday 17 February 2015

Narrative only

After yesterday's photo orgy in my blog post, I have absolutely none to show today. I think Tuesday was the first time this holiday that I didn't take any photographs at all.

After our exertions walking miles round the city on Monday, we both thought we would need a down day, so I cancelled the golf I'd booked at Adelaide Shores and we just hung around the house and read our books until Kelly, Miller and Chris - in that order - came home.

I finished my book - the first Jo Nesbo Harry Hole novel, The Bat. So that's 3 novels and 3 autobiographies so far, with just one (Viv Albertine) left for the journey home on Friday/Saturday. We have a very long layover at Hong Kong - 10-11 hours, I believe - so I'll need a book for that.

We're scheduled to arrive back in Aberdeen mid-late morning on Saturday. My car is at Gary's work, which is just a short taxi ride from the airport.

It was salmon for dinner last night, with salad courtesy of Jo. Today is Kelly's usual day off and we're heading south once more - down to Goolwa to have a beer at the brewpub there and then lunch with Chris' folks. The detox hasn't started yet.

Kelly is also off tomorrow (Thursday) and she's taking Miller for his injections and then we're heading off to the Fringe for a while.

Awkward holiday questions, answers and comments:

  • Kelly (in jest) - "not that it's a competition or anything, but don't you agree that Australia is better than USA then?". The correct answer is, of course, "yes but". (Got to give them something to work on for the next time).
  • Jo and I to Kelly - "we'll really miss Miller next week", hurriedly followed by "and you and Chris, of course".

No comments:

Blog Archive