Total Pageviews

Thursday 12 February 2015

Mechanical problems

I awoke this morning with the best of intentions. We knew we had to stay in until the man came to fix the washing machine between 11 am and 1 pm, so I decided that, having had the puncture fixed on Chris' bike, I would go for an early morning pre-breakfast ride. Think again - the tyre was flat again!

So we just had breakfast, read our books and waited for the washing machine man to arrive. Usual story - "computer fault - not worth repairing - buy a new one - that'll be A$110, thank you".

We relayed the sad news to Kelly and Chris and then had a bite of lunch, after which we walked the bike down to the bike shop and asked them to fix it again.

We now had a couple of hours to kill, so we decided to head for the Pier to read our books with the wind in our hair keeping us cool. We couldn't walk past the ice cream shop, however - salted caramel and rum 'n' raisin cones were our choices.

The bike still wasn't ready when we returned a little earlier than the scheduled 4 pm, so we went for a pot of tea for two at the nearby Sarah's Sister, adjacent to the garden centre, with windows at the back opening out to it:


Back "home" with the shopping and the bike, I decided to go for a cycle, just to make sure the tyre was properly fixed. It was the wrong time of day really - way too hot - and my body temperature rose dramatically and my throat was parched. I was very grateful for the iced water and the shower when I got back.

I cycled out to Outer Harbour again, just in time to see a cruise liner departing the port:


The crowd who had turned out to see it leaving were all turning round to go home as I got there.

Tomorrow we're off to Outback country again - Clare Valley. Communications may be difficult until we return on Sunday evening.

No comments:

Blog Archive