Total Pageviews

Saturday 21 February 2015

Home

The journey back went pretty well as scheduled - no flight delays - but the hard part was the 11 hour layover at Hong Kong - that seemed interminable. We tried for an earlier flight but the only other Cathay Pacific flight to London was just one hour ahead of the one we were booked on, and it just wasn't worth the hassle with changing tickets and trying to re-direct bags etc.

As it happens, we arrived in Aberdeen just before 10 am this morning only to find that Jo's bag didn't make the last leg. It arrived on the second BA flight this afternoon so we're just waiting for the couriers to deliver it to Banchory now. I've now given our address details to 4 separate people so who knows when it will be here.

We got a taxi from the airport round to Gary's work to pick up my car and then drove back to Banchory, stopping at Tesco to pick up some groceries. We've had lunch and I've unpacked, showered and changed and, so far, we've done 4 Corrie episodes already - just 28 more to do to catch up!

Cathay Pacific were excellent but we were both a little disappointed that we only got 3-4 hours' sleep on the long haul to London. We'd stayed awake on the shorter (9 hours) daytime flight from Adelaide to HK, hoping that we'd get a good long sleep on the longer (13 hours) night-time flight from HK to LHR, but it wasn't to be. Such are the vagaries of world travel.

To be honest, I don't feel at all bad just now, so I'm wading my way through the paperwork - and blogging, of course. Assuming I stay alert for at least the next hour, then I'll pop down the pub to watch some of the early evening footy with Colin and Dave.

Tomorrow, Gary's bringing Luca out to see us and then, on Monday, I have my operation to fix my torn knee cartilage.

No comments:

Blog Archive