Total Pageviews

Wednesday 7 January 2015

Nearly ready

Not long now till we head off - hopefully. This morning's weather forecast wasn't encouraging, however, with major storms on the horizon. 100 + mph winds are forecast for Friday and wind speeds are twice this level at cruising altitude, so I suspect there may be some travel disruption. Nowt we can do about it - just wait and see.

When I went for a beer with Colin on Saturday, there was a really bright full moon out and the angle was again such that I caught a glimpse of it over the cross at the top of the Episcopal church - just as I'd done some months before. This was my first attempt at lining up the photo, looking at the moon through the cross:


You can just about make out the shape of the church roof, but the moon was so bright that the exposure wasn't quite right, so I tried again:


Better exposure, but alignment slightly off this time.

Gary and Luca came over on Saturday afternoon but Jo was out with her swimming group - Luca was really disappointed - at least until I told him he was authorised to use Jo's i-Pad in her absence.

Jo took the Christmas decorations down on Sunday and I took the tree off to the dump on Monday to join all the other rejected trees, which had served their purpose for another year.

I knew I couldn't/shouldn't cycle on Monday as I didn't want to do more damage to my knee before we went away, but, on the spur of the moment, having walked down to the shops with little pain, I decided to take a longer walk up Scolty Hill. It was a fine afternoon and it was nice to at least get a little bit of exercise. I took a few photos at the top:




My knee was a bit swollen and sore when I got back but an icepack soon sorted that - although I certainly didn't get any sympathy from the female members of our family.

Tuesday could be seen as my first real day of retirement as it was the day I would ordinarily have returned to work after the holiday break. So what did I do? Go to Inverurie with Jo to pick up Luca from school, that's what. Furthermore, I repeated the feat today - this time solo, as Jo was swimming. I took Luca for the haircut that his parents thought he needed. Here he was before the event:


and here's the "after" shot:


No cycling for me tomorrow either. Bags are virtually packed so not much else to do.

No comments:

Blog Archive