Total Pageviews

Thursday 11 December 2014

Thursday things

I got a return phone call from Albyn Orthopaedics yesterday, following my chaser to them after I had seen our GP on Tuesday. They apologised - apparently they had somehow overlooked the results of my scan, so they immediately offered me a consultation with Mr. Bidwell this morning - and that's where I've just been.

I have a tear on my cartilage to the rear of my left knee. He also said that the gap between my bones was a bit narrower, although it's not ready for drastic surgery yet. There were two possible solutions - keyhole surgery to fix the cartilage (day patient, but general anaesthetic), or, more short-term, try an injection. I opted for the latter, which should happen next week. The type of injection is:


Need to read up on this now.

Everything grinding to a halt at work - I've emptied all the cupboards and drawers and passed my keys on now. Our in-house Quarterly Newsletter has now been issued as well, with the following extract on the front page:


No going back now.

No comments:

Blog Archive