Total Pageviews

Wednesday 13 August 2014

Tuesday's diary

We continue with our relaxing last week in Grants Pass. Cade had the orthodontist and then his football practice again today so Scott took care of him all day, whilst Lucy, Jo, Braeden and I drove down to Medford and went on the Harry and David's (http://www.harryanddavid.com/) factory tour - finally, after several years of promising that we would do it.

We stopped at a local brewpub (http://www.bricktownebeer.com/) for lunch. Very nice - especially the 13 glass sampler tray:


Still no sign of the regularly threatened storms. I think Jo and I are slightly disappointed - we were thinking back to Arkansas many years ago when we drove back from Memphis in the middle of a huge lightning storm.

Incidentally, I was quite shocked when I went to watch Cade's football practice. I had thought that Cade was a pretty reasonable size for somebody just turned 14, but he was completely dwarfed by his team-mates, many of them with facial hair and deep, dark voices:


It's a distant shot, I know, but that's Cade in blue, 5th from the right - almost the smallest in a group of about 40. The High School facilities are excellent, however - here's the football stadium:


No comments:

Blog Archive