Total Pageviews

Tuesday 5 August 2014

Tuesday morning

The adults are up - the Lesinas have gone to work and I've had breakfast and showered. Jo has taken it upon herself to go for a walk - she got a bit stir crazy staying at home all day yesterday. I hope she can find her way back. No sense of direction and no phone either - what are the odds?

We're under instructions to ensure that the boys get out of the house today - even if just to take the dogs for a walk. It won't be much because Cade's football season started last night - two sessions - 5-6 pm then 7-8pm - and he's got that every day this week, so he's going to be pretty tired come the weekend.

I went for a longish bike ride yesterday morning (see http://bvetscycling.blogspot.co.uk/) so I had enough exercise for one day and spent most of the rest of the day reading my book (over 600 pages so far - just 200 to go), although I did spend a bit of time in the pool - and Braeden joined me. I made the mistake of applying the wrong sun protection, however. It was a spray-on water-resistant, lotion and it ran in to my eyes and I just couldn't get rid of it. Eventually I had to resort to using some of Cade's eye drops.

We watched Gordon Ramsay's Hell Hotel last night - it featured a local lodge - http://www.applegateriverlodge.com/. It was filmed last year and the family that own it didn't come out too well. The old man was a stoner and didn't give a damn. We weren't sure Gordon solved all the underlying issues there - and we certainly won't be rushing off to stay there, despite its beautiful setting.

Temperatures forecast to be a bit lower today - low 90's. There's still a bit of smoke in the sky but it seems to be staying higher in the atmosphere this year as we can neither taste nor smell it - it looks just like a bit of haziness so far.

No comments:

Blog Archive