Total Pageviews

Tuesday 26 August 2014

Tuesday Medical Report

Saw my cardiologist yesterday for my annual "MoT". He seemed quite satisfied - they did an ECG and then he did an ultrasound scan on my heart and said it was working well. The only thing wrong with me is the large Atrium which is either cause or effect of the Atrial Fibrillation I have.

Of course, I'm now over 65, which tends to be the rough tipping age for considering a change from my daily baby aspirin to a stronger blood thinner such as Warfarin or one of the new series of similar drugs - Rivaroxaban (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rivaroxaban) was specifically mentioned by him.

I told him I had a slight aversion to Warfarin following what happened to my Mother, and there's no doubt that Warfarin takes a lot of care and regular monitoring of levels, whereas the new breeds of drugs don't. I had the same discussion on the phone today with my GP and both he and my cardiologist pointed out that, whilst Warfarin is a bit of a pain and not very pleasant, they do at least have an antidote to it, whereas the new drugs don't yet - you just have to wait for them to go out of your system naturally.

Something I need to think about before I see my GP about changing from aspirin.

In other news, I'm heading off to the Music Hall tonight to see Richard Thompson - try this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HApy-Xoix-g

Tomorrow, Fraserburgh in the morning then golf at Meldrum House in the afternoon. Thursday is a trip down to Bradford to see one of our large customers - Morrisons. After that it's golf Friday/Sunday/Monday, with a trip to Pittodrie sandwiched in to see Thistle playing Aberdeen.

Busy boy.

No comments:

Blog Archive