Total Pageviews

Sunday 22 June 2014

Midsummer has passed

It's all downhill from here as the gloom-mongers would say. The days are now officially starting to get shorter. I'm certainly cramming in all the golf I can whilst I have the chance to do so. It's just 4 weeks yesterday that we head off to USA.

Since my last blog posting, it's been more of the usual pattern. Tuesday was tea with Jo and Luca at Inverurie, golf at Banchory on Wednesday, cycling on Thursday morning, golf at Edzell on Friday, Banchory on Saturday and Cruden Bay today (Sunday). Tomorrow, it's Aboyne in another Seniors match.

At work, I've announced that a replacement for me is coming, so the exit door is starting to loom.

Lucy and Jo are on FaceTime just now. For me, it's a listening-in session as they jabber away. The World Cup is on the TV, but with no sound.

I spotted "Jemimah" again on Saturday - at least I think that's what Jo used to call her old car:


It looks a little tidier and cleaner now - but it's still got the "bullet hole" in the rear indicator lights.

Tomorrow, I think it's finally time to commit to our holiday in Oz. We should probably go for an extended break of 6 weeks or so. We can always do some travelling plus some time baby-sitting Miller, who is growing every time we see him on FaceTime.

No comments:

Blog Archive