Total Pageviews

Friday 30 May 2014

30 weeks since op

Yes, it's 30 weeks today since my knee op. I'm still doing my daily exercises and Jo is still massaging the leg once a week in an effort to get rid of the remaining excess fluid. Jo thinks it's still coming down - as the surgeon said it would - but I don't notice any difference recently. Jo suggested I should photograph it regularly - so I started this morning:


I don't think I chose the best position for this - my feet are on my stool and I'm sitting in my Stressless chair. However, it's a start.

In other news, we were pleased to see Gary was OK after his Edinburgh Marathon. We went to pick him up at the station in Aberdeen and took him - and Luca - home on Sunday night, by which time Gary had got over his low point when he texted us after his run. Already talking about the next one!

Monday was a beautiful day and I was playing for the Seniors at Deeside. I had golf again on Wednesday evening at Banchory and yesterday it was cycling, but the main thing this week is the Aberdeen Beer Festival. I went along for a couple of hours on Tuesday to help with set-up and then worked yesterday from 3pm till 7pm. I caught the bus in and walked from Union Square to Pittodrie on what was a glorious day - even in Aberdeen. Today looks very similar and I'll soon be heading off there again, not long after Jo heads off to her Friday afternoon swimming & Costco trip.

No comments:

Blog Archive