Total Pageviews

Friday 21 March 2014

Week of mixed activity levels

I was fairly active in the first part of the week, going for short cycles and hitting some balls at the range on both Monday and Tuesday, then going for a slightly longer run on the bike on Wednesday morning with the usual group (details on cycling blog - link on sidebar).

Thursday and Friday were lazy days however - no exercise at all. I didn't have much time yesterday as I was pretty busy all day in Fraserburgh then met up with everyone at Fennel's in Inverurie for Jo's birthday meal. No real excuse today, however - I could easily have gone to the gym mid-afternoon, or gone for a cycle when I got home about 4 pm, but I opted for the power nap instead. Could it be all the rubbish I've eaten today, compounded by one of Jo's scones when I got home? Not that Jo's scones are rubbish of course, but it was probably something I could have done without after gorging myself on sweet stuff at the office. Washing it all down with a couple of pints tonight will help though, won't it?

Talking of the birthday girl, here she was last night:


Ross had driven Jo through to Inverurie and took her home too, but I also had a passenger on the way back. Carole and Gary had bought Jo a cherry tree for her birthday (at Jo's request) and, after a short struggle, we propped it up in the front of my car. Every time I went round a bend, it was like an attack from The Day of the Triffids (for older readers only).

Also present, of course, was young Master Luca, and he was delighted when his Kids' Meal came with chocolate ice cream:


Gary revealed that he has now completely given up running - from the sublime to the ridiculous. Like his mother, he doesn't believe in the middle ground - everything to extreme. The pendulum swings again - it will be interesting to watch what happens to his weight.

Kelly FaceTimed us yesterday morning. Little Ba' Heid was there too of course and I would swear his hair looks reddish - at least on the i-Pad. Kelly assured us it wasn't, but we'll watch carefully.

Our Psychologist daughter had no theory to propound this time about my dream of her drowning in the bath, but Chris believes this was also directly connected to my knee. I'll need to think of a scenario that can't be linked to my knee and tell them I dreamt it.

The weekend starts here and the weather has got decidedly cooler again. My walk up the hill to the Legion tonight will soon warm me up however - and I've got Dubai to look forward to on Wednesday as well. Hopefully warm enough there.

No comments:

Blog Archive