Total Pageviews

Monday 10 March 2014

Spring is here?

A glorious start to the week - blue skies and we're promised it will get warmer and stay dry. Pity I didn't quite feel up to it - either something I ate or a little bug. I struggled in to work but decided I had to get out at lunchtime and get some fresh air. I went down to Persley Walled Garden - I hadn't been there for years. It's a little oasis of calm amongst the madness that is the nearby infamous Haudagain roundabout, which, incidentally is about to get a whole lot worse as they are due to close Mugiemoss Road, one of my regular rat runs. It's going to be madness round there as everyone tries to get across the Don from north to south and vice versa.

Here's how the garden was looking today:




It was a little sun trap which I enjoyed for a brief 10 minutes before returning to the office. Not another soul to be seen other than a single gardener.

I went to Pittodrie on Saturday to see Aberdeen sneak through to the Scottish Cup semi-final by narrowly beating Dumbarton. Oh - and we finally got our tickets for the League Cup Final, which is next Sunday. 40,000 tickets have been sold to Aberdeen fans, so it should be a great occasion, although heading back up the road after the match could be a bit problematic.

I had another round of golf yesterday as well, so it's all looking good for my trip to Dubai in just over 2 weeks' time.

The media in the UK are very hot on the topic of sugar just now. There have been endless reports about sugar in certain foods, and there have even been calls for a sugar tax! Some of the media, however, manage to interpret the facts differently - or perhaps they just tell lies - or maybe they're stupid? Yes, Daily Mail - it's you I'm talking about. They published a ridiculous headline about real ale a few weeks ago which stated that a pint contained 9 spoonfuls of sugar. Utter rubbish of course and I wrote to CAMRA HQ about it and they, in turn, took it up with the Daily Mail, who eventually published an apology - in small print of course.

Here's the proof, in a quick ready recknoner:


Have a good week. Bye for now.

Forgot to say thank you to my 100,000th reader. Sorry, can't tell who you are, but there wasn't a prize anyway.

No comments:

Blog Archive