Total Pageviews

Wednesday 22 January 2014

Tuesday/Wednesday

Ross was first to leave Gary's after dinner last night and he took Jo's car back to Banchory, but Jo and I weren't far behind in my car. We watched Corrie, with Hayley's closing scene - Jo was in tears at her death - and then it was part 6 of The Bridge. That was enough TV for us for one night.

The downside of Ross taking Jo's car was that all my leg massage oils etc were still in it, so I missed out yesterday - and today so far. I've spent a lot of time in the car the last few days as well - over to Aviemore on Sunday, back to Aberdeen on Monday, and then up to Fraserburgh on Tuesday and back to Banchory, via Inverurie yesterday. The leg gets a bit stiff sitting in the car.

I did get to Bannatyne's on Monday and spent 30 minutes on the bike, moving the seat steadily further in to stretch my knee. I had a snack there too as my evening meal, with Jo and Ross still in Aviemore and me home alone.

Today some of us received the following picture of Miller in the bath from Kelly:


Wish we were there. Need to plan our next trip out.

Back in Deeside, we're still waiting for a proper winter to arrive - it's still too mild and when we do get precipitation, it's rain. Bound to change soon.

This weekend we've got Newton Faulkner (http://www.newtonfaulkner.com/gb/home/) at Woodend Barn, preceded by dinner at Buchanan's - that's something to look forward to. We're also considering going to the Winter Words Festival (http://www.pitlochry.org/whats_on/winter-words-festival.htm) in Pitlochry next month - as we did in the last few years.

In between, we have the first Headbang of 2014 two weeks on Friday (7th), followed by a tour round Deeside Brewery the following day. I had hoped to be able to do this over Xmas/New Year when everyone was here, but couldn't get it organised at that time.

I think that's about all that's on the go just now.

No comments:

Blog Archive