Total Pageviews

Monday 11 November 2013

Monday knee report

I think I'm losing the plot - it appears I didn't post a blog yesterday - and when I wrote this one, it disappeared completely, so I've had to start all over again!

Yesterday was going well until about lunchtime when I took the last of the Tramadol. After that, it was a bit of a struggle - I was never settled and despite it being Super Sunday with a triple header of decent matches on TV, I felt things were going backwards again.

Eventually went upstairs at 9 pm. We watched Homeland and then I fell asleep for an hour or so, but, by midnight, I knew I needed extra painkillers - and all we had was Paracetamol. It was a long night after that, but eventually morning came and we had to get up and get dressed as today was the day the theatre dressing was coming off.

The nurse removed the dressing and cleaned up what she could, but she said a lot of the sticky stuff wouldn't come off properly until I'd had a bath - and she suggested leaving that until tomorrow. So, for now, I've got a slightly smaller, more temporary dressing on - and she supplied us with additional supplies as well.

More importantly, she prescribed more Tramadol and so I popped a couple when we got home and then sat in the front room with the sun streaming in behind me and the fire on in front of me:


As a result of my appointment with the Nurse, we missed our daily FaceTime call with Kelly. Hopefully tomorrow.

This afternoon, we've started watching the box set of the first series of Breaking Bad - I know it's 5 years old and the rest of the world has already seen it, but we thought it was time we did some catch up here. I'm also trying to write another episode of Renshaw's Chronicles whilst I'm holed up at home.

No comments:

Blog Archive