Total Pageviews

Friday 8 November 2013

Knee progress

Well, yesterday was a really good day. We really thought the new meds regime had finally cracked the pain problem. I had a long (for me) walk and I was able to do all the exercises with ease. It could only get better from there surely?

I should have remembered the words of the surgeon - "you'll have good days and bad days". Today definitely started like one of the latter. I seemed to have a reasonably comfortable sleep - no pain issues, although I was sweating so profusely that my pyjamas and the duvet were absolutely wringing, and we had to change them early this morning. We even slept in a bit - although I realise now this may have caused the problem. It meant that the gap between meds was nearly 10 hours, compared with just 5 during daytime.

Anyway, the morning started very badly and I could barely talk to Kelly on our regular morning FaceTime call. It felt like I had gone back a couple of steps. I have since taken extra meds and it seems to be settling down a bit again - thank goodness.

Johanne and Colin came round this morning and whilst I was still in pain while they were here, their visit at least provided a very welcome and much needed distraction.

Our visitors have gone now - as has Jo, who has her swim and Costco shop this afternoon. I've settled down to watch some TV - particularly the golf from Turkey.

Nigel Meany sent his regards and pointed me to a web article about some new knee ligament discovery - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-24826323. I'm not quite sure I understand this, nor the implications of it, but they are reporting it as a significant discovery. Perhaps somebody will explain it to me one day.

Jo took today's knee measurements early this morning when I had the most intense pain - and I wasn't wearing my compression stockings, which is not really consistent with previous days. The results are pretty confusing and I think we may have to re-measure when Jo comes back this afternoon. On the face of it, both my knee and my calf have come down a chunk - but my thigh has increased! Mmmmm

No comments:

Blog Archive