Total Pageviews

Wednesday 6 November 2013

Day 2 of parole

Today (Wednesday) will be my 2nd full day at home - and it's exactly 5 days since my Op. It's not getting noticeably easier yet. The name of the game is distraction - focussing on doing things that take your mind off the pain. I don't look forward to getting up in the morning, nor going to bed in the evening, knowing how uncomfortable they are going to be.

The pain only diminishes shortly after taking the drugs. Take today - I finally got up just before 7 am - quite late for me, although I had been up a couple of times during the night. I took my meds shortly after 7 am and I'm sitting here blogging (another helpful distraction) at 8:30 am and the pain is now probably at its lowest point for the day. I feel I could do with more pain-killers but I'm already on the maximum daily dose. What with all the medications I normally take, plus the additional ones for the knee, it's a real cocktail of drugs I'm pouring in to my body. This is my daily schedule:

Tramadol (50 mg) 4
Paracetamol (500 mg) 8
Aspirin (75 mg) 1
Bisoprolol (10 mg) 1
Simvastatin (40 mg) 1
Rivaroxaban (10 mg) 1
Omeprazole (20 mg) 1

Yes - that's right - 17 pills every day.

The swelling in my leg has gone down a little - about a quarter of an inch all round (a bit more in the thigh) so we are making progress, but it's really hard to be patient when you're in pain.

Today's maximum knee bend is not very good - possibly a little less than yesterday:


No comments:

Blog Archive