Total Pageviews

Friday 9 August 2013

Friday already

From http://ianrstewart.blogspot.com/

Yes, it's been a strange week - I don't know whether I'm coming or going - but the weekend is almost here already. I think I would like a 3 day week every week.

Still not got a settled sleep pattern - usually waking about 3 am every morning, although it was 6:30 am yesterday - the very day I did want to be up early as I had to go to Fraserburgh. I experienced some severe pain in my foot yesterday and it got so bad that I couldn't put any weight on my left foot at all. It was a struggle to get from my office to the car and then to drive home with a manual clutch.

Jo got me a bag of frozen peas to put on it last night as we caught up with some of our Sky box recordings (mostly old Corries) and that helped a bit, and today it seems a little better. I had no idea how it happened - the foot was fine when I went to bed on Wednesday night after golf, but it was suggested to me that it might be caused by fallen arches. After all, I had been waddling around for a month on flip-flops ("thongs" to those Down Under) and suddenly on Wednesday night I was wearing my golf shoes again with the orthotic wedges in them, which raise the arch, then it was back to work shoes on Thursday.

I've taken the precaution of putting the wedges in my work shoes this morning and it definitely seems to have helped. Fingers crossed.

I received the online link to our digital photos that were taken at the Venetian, Las Vegas - try http://store.cashmanphoto.com/create/image-creation-gs.aspx?a=AlwdrCOtoRdQZf3R9jlE to view them with the code VEGD-7RQ5-UH6R.

That's about it for today. Jo and I are making a very quick trip down to Elderslie and back tomorrow, as I promised to play in Brian's team at his club's Men's Invitational Day. Brian himself is up in Banchory the weekend of 24th/25th August to play in the same thing at my club.

Another future event is my annual trip to see my cardiologist on Thursday 22nd August.

No comments:

Blog Archive