Total Pageviews

Tuesday 25 June 2013

Gun control

From http://ianrstewart.blogspot.com/

No, I'm not talking about the NRA - it's these guns I'm talking about:


Did you know it's called a caulking gun? The shower in our en suite has been leaking out of the tray on to the carpet and so I had to clean out the old, blackened sealant and put new stuff in. Jo bought a new tube of sealant but the first problem I had was getting the old tube out of our gun - it had sat there for too many years. I managed it eventually but brute force was required and the gun broke, so I bought a new one this morning and came home tonight and completed the job:


24 hours and we'll be back using the shower again - saving the morning tramp up and down the stairs to the electric shower.

The cap on my implant came out again on Friday - that's the 3rd time in all. I got my dentist to cement it in again yesterday but it is a worry - I nearly lost the cap down the wash basin. You wouldn't want to see me without the cap - I certainly wouldn't be smiling like this:



I've been in touch with the knee surgeon and told him that my knee brace didn't work and I wanted to now schedule the knee replacement operation - ideally late October, once my holiday flights for this year are done. He can't give me an exact date yet - it will be a month or two yet before he knows his NHS schedule.

Jo went to Woodend Hospital yesterday to have her X-ray for the long-standing problem she's had with pain in her ribs. We hope to get the results before we head to USA - 2 weeks tomorrow!

Oh well - better go now and heat up the soup Jo left for me - she's in Inverurie on Tuesdays.

No comments:

Blog Archive