Total Pageviews

Friday 26 April 2013

Friday sign-off

From http://ianrstewart.blogspot.com/

Well, that's post-golfing holiday week one out of the way now. I survived - although I have been a bit sleepy all week - don't think I ever got caught up with my lost sleep night Sat/Sun travelling back from Turkey.

Staggered round the squash court last night and then went home to catch up on some of our recorded TV episodes - The Following (will it ever end - and how much more blood can be shed?) and Broadchurch (now ended).

It's much more difficult keeping my reading up when I come back - can't seem to find the time or the concentration. I was enjoying Cold Comfort - an Icelandic murder mystery I bought in Adelaide, but I'm losing the plot - literally - a little now.

Tonight, we're off to Woodend Barn to see Karine Polwart (http://www.karinepolwart.com/)again. Tomorrow and Sunday golf I hope.

Jo's new car is causing DVLA some problems. They've twice sent us reminders about overdue road tax, which their records show as expiring on 31st March, but the actual tax disc says 31st May:


Looks like a DVLA cock-up. We wouldn't have bought the car with less than a month's road tax on it - we'd have asked Malcolm to tax it before selling it to us. What do we do if the DVLA come back and say we've to pay tax for April and May?

No comments:

Blog Archive