Total Pageviews

Friday 22 February 2013

Friday frustrations

From http://ianrstewart.blogspot.com/

So here I am, in the office at 4:10 pm on a Friday afternoon - well after my usual departure time - and I could be here for a while yet. My car has been having some vibration issues and I took it in to Law's Tyres opposite us to get them to balance the wheels. They've just come back and shown me a video of one of them, and it's bent. They have a new machine that straightens wheels out, but there's always a risk that they'll actually break the wheel when using it - and I don't have a spare (run-flats only).

So I'm going to be here for another hour at least - and it could be more if my wheel breaks. There might have to be an emergency phone call home - Jo - come and get me! Fingers crossed.

Bloody pot-holes - they're everywhere - and some of them are really deep. I've had quite a few serious thumps recently.

Squash last night then the final episode of The Fear, followed by episode two of Spiral, Series 4. Are we becoming too crime-oriented? Jo reads endless crime novels and watches virtually nothing but crime on TV. No wonder I wake up during the night - and it seems I'm being drawn in to watching crime drama now as well. Still, got to know what to watch out for, haven't I?

The local news we've all been expecting for a while has finally come - Inchmarlo Golf Centre has gone in to liquidation - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-21549139. Will somebody buy it as a going concern, or will it just wither away and the land revert to the local Laird (http://www.burnett.uk.com/leys.htm) again?

Ironically, it was just this week that I tried to book the lodges there for the Lesinas and Steele/Stewarts. Never mind, they'll still be there come Christmas - not sure if they're part of the liquidation or not, but hopefully somebody will want to own/run them.

That's all - the weekend starts here - eventually.

No comments:

Blog Archive