Total Pageviews

Wednesday 30 January 2013

The worst kept secret

From http://ianrstewart.blogspot.com/

Yes - the news is finally, officially out. We are to become Grandparents again in August. Many congrats to Kelly and Chris - great news. We only wish we could be there - or, even better, that they could be here!

The original plans had been for Kelly and Chris to come over here for Christmas/New Year this year and have a big family reunion as Lucy, Scott and the boys had also planned to come at the same time, but Kelly and Chris can't afford to come now - which is presenting Lucy and Scott with a bit of a dilemma - do they come this year and miss Kelly, or do they cancel their plans and come next year, hoping Kelly and Chris can make it then?

It's also means we will be going back to Oz early next year. We had originally thought that we were getting a year off from doing this journey, but I guess we'll just have to put up with another winter break in the sun! Mind you, it would be cheaper for us to pay Kelly and Chris' air fares over here (cattle class!) than pay for Jo and I to return Down Under (Business Class!)!

That's about all I've got to say today. Believe it or not, I've been exceptionally busy at work this week and have had little time to myself - the odd short blog, that's all. I had fully intended to go back to the gym today - for the first time this year - but got waylaid again. No time left now - got to get home as it's our golf club's AGM tonight and we're expecting a rammy, so I need to be there.

I'm hoping to get some squash tomorrow night, but I've also got all the pub surveys to do for CAMRA and I only have 2 weeks left to cover Banchory, Aboyne, Potarch, Strachan, Tarland, Torphins, Ballater, Crathie, Braemar, Balmedie and Fraserburgh - 21 pubs in all over a wide geographic area, and I've only done 2 of them so far - help!

No comments:

Blog Archive