Total Pageviews

Wednesday 7 November 2012

No politics here

From http://ianrstewart.blogspot.com/

The internet - Twitter, Facebook etc - is full of comments about Obama's election victory - mostly favourable, but that's from a European perspective, of course. It was supposed to be neck and neck but I spotted an interesting comment from Bob Dylan on Facebook yesterday - "we’re not fooled by the media and we think it’s going to be a landslide". Looks like he was more aware than many of the commentators.

So, I've now completed another (fairly lengthy) chapter of Renshaw's Chronicles. This latest chapter was the most painful yet - hopefully the next few will be a bit brighter. I said at the start of this year that it would take me at least until the end of 2012 - another 18 chapters or so - to complete my Chronicles. After saying that, there was then a 4 month gap before the next spurt of blog postings, then another gap of 6 months, and we're still only up to 1983. There's another 25 years to be covered up to the time I started my family blog back in 2007.

It's taken me 23 posts over 18 months to cover the first 34 years of my life. Amazingly, I've written a total of almost 34,000 words so far. It looks like this project has a long way to go yet. It should get a bit easier from 1999 onwards, which is when my digital photo library starts - these can be sorted by date and type, and thus not only help me recall events in sequence, but also save me a lot of time sorting through and scanning old hard copy paper photographs, which are scattered randomly in my wardrobe.

Apart from that, not much else on this week - apart, of course, from the Champions League. Celtic - Barcelona tonight should be fun. I did get a game of squash doubles on Monday, but it rather looks like this will be the last this week - I had hoped to get another game today or tomorrow, but it's proving difficult to get 4 of us organised. Our pool of players is getting smaller and smaller, I'm afraid. I suppose I'll have to go to Bannatyne's then.

No comments:

Blog Archive