Total Pageviews

Tuesday 17 July 2012

Idaho

From http://ianrstewart.blogspot.com/

For the older readers - I keep thinking I want to sing out "Ivanhoe-oh-oh" when I say Idaho. (Check out UK TV programme theme tunes of the 60's you younger ones).

Scott and I played racketball yesterday morning. Quite an experience for me - and a 4-0 thumping too (although 2 very close games). I couldn't get the hang of the bounciness of the ball - especially when it came off the back wall - it ran away from me! Mind you, it has been 2 knee operations and 2 heart procedures since I last played Scott at a racquets game - squash. It must have been 6 or 7 years ago anyway - as that's how long we have been without our courts at the Tor-na-Coille, where we last played.

We had thought about a game of golf yesterday but never got round to it after the racketball, then a late lunch. Instead, Jo, Lucy and I set off round one of the lake/golf course walks. I didn't time or measure it, but it was probably 3-5 miles. We stopped to take a photo at the millpond of a lake:


Scott drove us to another golf resort for dinner last night - very nice too - and today we headed for the Water Park - http://www.silverwoodthemepark.com/. It had roller coasters too, but the boys weren't interested - they are both water babies and we spent more than 6 hours there - and they were never out of the water.

Jo's not one for high adrenaline pursuits but she did manage two and a half laps of the Lazy River, plus a little splash in the Wave Pool. See if you can spot her in the crowd striding out towards the waves:


Now relaxing on the decking with a beer, G & T and a large bottle of Pinot Noir!

No comments:

Blog Archive