Total Pageviews

Thursday 15 March 2012

Back in the saddle

From http://ianrstewart.blogspot.com/

Well, that's 2 consecutive days in the office completed now. Ross picked us up at Aberdeen airport early on Tuesday morning and, although I could easily have gone in to the office, I decided to stay home and do some work from there - it also gave me a chance to unpack.

Jo and I stayed up until well after 8 pm - a stout effort, considering we had been awake since before midnight UK time. Wednesday was the Aberdeen office and today I was in Fraserburgh. I woke at 5 am today and was in the Broch before 7:30 am, had a busy day and coped OK, although wilting a bit later on.

Nothing happened with the builders on our porch when we were away, but they arrived on Tuesday lunchtime and started the harling, which they finished yesterday - progress at last! Now just the decking on our balcony and replacing the railings - wonder how long that will take?

Tomorrow morning I have my ultrasound scan on my abdomen, so I have to fast from midnight. On Monday evening I get my endoscopy - and hopefully the results afterwards. Jo will come in and drive me home as I will probably be anaestheticised.

Got news last night that Johanne Kilgour had to go back to the hospital in Dundee and have an operation to remove all the stimulation equipment in her body (for her Parkinson's) as it was causing infections and they had to make sure it didn't spread up through the wires to her brain. Poor girl is going to be in pain for up to 6 weeks until it's safe to replace it all.




No comments:

Blog Archive