Total Pageviews

Monday 18 April 2011

Killing time

From http://ianrstewart.blogspot.com/

So, it's Monday morning and here I am, sitting at John Clark BMW, waiting for a new fog lamp to be fitted to my car. I hadn't even noticed it was broken until it was pointed out to me when it was in for service last week - no idea how it happened.

So I thought I would update my blog again. It's been another good week weather-wise - especially yesterday when it was really warm. When I came home from golf, Jo was out the back sunning and reading again:


I didn't join her - a brief spell on the balcony at the front was enough for me - I'd been out in the sun on the golf course all morning, so I'd had enough by then.

We got all our USA flights confirmed and paid at the weekend, and I decided to hire a car at LAX this time rather than face the horrors again of a 3 hour shuttle bus ride from the airport to and from our accommodation at Newport Coast. A convertible as well - can't you just see me driving along in the California sunshine with my hair blowing in the wind? If only.

Our first hill-walk of the year is planned for next Sunday morning, so no golf for me next week. We're planning to do one of the many walks up/round Bennachie. Hope my knees and my cardio system stand up to it all OK.

We watched Invictus on Saturday night - Clint Eastwood directed the film about South Africa winning the Rugby World Cup back in the 90's, not long after Nelson Mandela was released from Robben Island. It was OK - a number of the scenes were shot in Cape Town as well as Johannesburg. There were a few from the Ferryman's brewpub on the Waterfront at Cape Town - I remember it well from our trip there in 2008:


My car's ready now - must go. Bye.

No comments:

Blog Archive