Total Pageviews

Saturday 5 March 2011

Not quite 62

From http://ianrstewart.blogspot.com/

It's been a very lazy Saturday - I've hardly moved from my chair all day. Jo dashed in to Costco this morning to get supplies for my birthday lunch tomorrow - did I want to come along? No thanks - Saturdays are nicer when I don't have to jump in a car.

I've been trying to get a game of squash doubles all week, but failed miserably - still it meant that I did actually go to Bannatyne's 3 days in a row - Wednesday, Thursday and Friday - that's something of a record, I think - is it an indication that my increased dosage of beta-blockers is helping? Perhaps. Coincidentally, I saw my cardiologist again on Thursday - routine check-up - and he said I could up the dosage again if I wanted? I said I would try it for a month and see how I got on. It's still only 10 mg - by comparison, Jo's on 25 mg.

Nothing much else to report - it was Helen's birthday yesterday - how old? Well, that would be telling - let's just say she's looking forward to enjoying some discounted rail travel soon! I bet she and Barry are enjoying their retirement. Talking about which, the subject of my age and me potentially phasing out of the business was discussed last week, but there was little or no reaction - until yesterday that is, when I was suddenly given an unexpected (and most welcome) bonus. I guess that means no change then? Still at least it will help pay for our recent big luxury holiday in the southern hemisphere.

Jo's slaving away in the kitchen - preparing for my birthday lunch tomorrow. I said keep it simple - prawns and bread in a buffet is plenty for me - but there's obviously going to be a few extras. Jo's big birthday is just 2 weeks away now - I've booked a table at the Marcliffe on the Saturday night for the two of us - but what should I buy her? I can't just leave it at one dinner and business class upgrades on our holiday. Ideas please.

No comments:

Blog Archive