Total Pageviews

Monday 14 March 2011

It was a new day yesterday - but it's an old day now

From http://ianrstewart.blogspot.com/

........ as Ian Anderson wrote for Jethro Tull's "Stand Up" in 1969. It had been beginning to feel a bit spring-like until a fresh bout of snow arrived on Saturday, and now it's all wet and miserable - and my head and chest are all congested, so I don't really have a spring in my step at the start of a new week, despite sitting around the house and doing absolutely nothing all weekend. My last blood test wasn't good and the Doctor put me on iron pills as I was a bit anaemic, but they don't seem to be having much positive effect yet - other than on my excretions (was that too much detail for you?) - and I still look and feel a bit "peely wally".

We did have a good headbang at Dave's on Friday night however (see headbangers blog for details) - but so many videos to view and so little time to watch them. We get through a little over 60 clips in an evening and have these get-togethers twice a year usually - but I've now got an ever-increasing library of over 1,600 titles to view - when will we ever get to see them all?

The rest of the weekend was spent goggle-eyed - the Saturday lunchtime match was the Dons' lucky escape in Paisley, and the tea-time match was Man U's cup victory over Arsenal. We watched the old "In Bruges" film on Saturday night - pretty good - a dark, gangster movie set in the lovely Belgian city.

I got a good chance to work my way through most of the Sunday Times yesterday before watching Scotland's latest valiant defeat at Twickenham. We then caught up with the latest episode of Boardwalk Empire - Martin Scorcese's series about prohibition USA on Sky Atlantic (the UK home of HBO). Beautifully filmed - very stylish. We still haven't got round to watching any of Treme, which is another series we're taping - it's set in New Orleans and has some of the cast of The Wire in it.

So that was last week - what does this week hold? Well, Jo's 60th next Sunday of course - we're going to the Marcliffe on Saturday night, then Woodend Barn on Sunday - but what should I buy her? I still don't know.

I didn't get a chance of golf yesterday and won't next Sunday either, so my next game is going to have to be in Turkey a week on Thursday. Boy, I'm going to be rusty - just one game since November.

That's about all I've got for the diary today. Hope you're all well.

No comments:

Blog Archive