Total Pageviews

Thursday 13 January 2011

All set

From http://ianrstewart.blogspot.com/

It's been a busy week since we came back from Aviemore, but I think I've got most things done and can leave with a fairly clear conscience tomorrow.

Mixed news on the medical front recently. The skin damage on my nose has improved - the top layer was successfully frozen off and it certainly looks a bit more normal now. There is still some underlying (benign) damage however and I have to make sure I wear a fairly high factor sun cream. I have to go back and have it checked again in 3 months.

My blood tests last week were OK - my liver count was back down again, so I didn't have to see the doctor this week and don't have to have the tests again for another 2 months.

Now comes the bad news - it was back to the dental surgeon yesterday to look at the CT scan that was done last week. There is a hole in the bone of my gum that is a bit bigger than they thought, so, not only do I need to have a tooth implant, I've got to have some bone regeneration material added. Bio-Oss/Bio-Gide are the materials in question - the former is bovine in origin and the latter from pigs. The whole process lasts 6 months before the implant can be left to stand alone - and, of course, it's costing even more now!

Better news on the holiday front - we've got one of the time shares I requested - and it's back to Newport Coast, south of LA again - where we were last March. We enjoyed the resort and are looking forward to going back again. Check it out - http://www.marriottvacationclub.com/vacation-resorts/marriott-newport-coast/overview.shtml We're heading there week commencing 14th August.

That's about it - Hong Kong here we come!

No comments:

Blog Archive