Total Pageviews

Wednesday 29 September 2010

Financial fame and pain

From http://ianrstewart.blogspot.com/

Did anyone listen to Fergus@bbc.co.uk on his weekly financial spot on the Scottish news at lunchtime today? I missed it but I think I got a mention. He was talking last week about the Revenue's recent cock-ups, so I e-mailed and told him about my recent experience of getting a substantial sum back that I wasn't due - and he phoned me back yesterday to ask for permission to mention my experience and my name.

That was the fame - later on was the pain when I had my appointment with the Oral Surgeon. He definitely thinks I should have the implant - but he would too, wouldn't he? £1,800 for the implant and a further £200 for a CT scan. He told me this was cheap - London was twice this price!

I had a full head X-ray, plus a whole portfolio of digital photos taken, then impressions of gums were taken, so it was a fairly long session. I've now got 4 choices:

  1. Do nothing - there's no pain just now, but I was told the infection now has space in my gums and it's likely to return as the little buggers multiply.
  2. Have the tooth removed and leave myself with a toothless smile.
  3. Have him slit the gums and go in and try to clean it out.
  4. Go ahead with the implant - apparently the whole process takes 6 months before the implant is properly settled - and it lasts 15 years or so.

He's going to write it all up so I can consider what to do - and consult with my insurers to see if they'll pay for any of it. He then told me he's doing a Masters in "implantology" and did I mind if I became a cause célèbre for him?

Yours disgruntledly

No comments:

Blog Archive